I have a few knitting projects on the go that I want to finish over my holidays:
- The Zombie Monkey – must finish before going to Tim and Cathy’s – for Young Simon – cuz he neeeeeeds one.
- The brown alpaca cowl – started as a vehicle to use some of my fantastical buttons.
- The green/blue/brown log cabin blanket – I’m on square 12 of 12 – then, the darning in of ends and sewing together of squares – hmmm…..Leesa said she likes darning in ends – hint, hint?
- The never-ending red wrap sweater. This will never be finished, I don’t know who I’m kidding.
But there’s new projects I want to get on to as well!
- A special monster for friend Carter – I have some great red Manos Del Uruguay that is dying to be a monster, and many fascinating monsters to choose from!
- A pink/purple shawl in handspun merino/silk blend sockweights.
- A sideways scarf from blanket scraps.
- A Very Chunky Cowl in the heavy blue and white weird stuff I got in a job lot – also, will use some of my fabulous buttons on this bad boy!
- A pair of camel socks. You didn’t even know camels wore socks, did you?
- A sari silk project bag from the pattern I got years ago from Just One More Row.
I also have various other little shawly/scarfy things in random lovely homespuns from my ever-growing collection in mind.
So many projects, so little time…I love casting on new projects – sewing up ends and finishing up, not so much.
I have some lovely yarns that don’t know what they want to be yet, too.
- Two skeins in shades of purple of a wool/silk blend from a job lot.
- MILES of a dark green/teal/brown mohair. I knit one shawl from it already, probably enough for three more! Or? What? Ideas?
- A skein of bright yellow/peach/coral mohair that I no longer love. There’s lots of it, though…it’s been in the what-was-I-thinking category for a long time now.
- And finally, a skein of lace-weight tencel, handpainted in purple/grey/tan/teal.
I realize that this is more of an inventory than a blog entry, and as such, probably really interests no one but me, and possibly Simon and Carter. At least this way I have a list somewhere – and you know how I love lists.
I just realized there’s one more project I neglected to mention – the sock yarn blanket in multicoloured mitred squares. However, that’s for my bed at Shady Acres, when I retire, so the timeline on that one is somewhat fluid.
So much knitting – so little time.