“Okay”, you’re thinking. “Make up your mind. Are you a writing blog, an advice column, a knitting blog, a wedding blog, or what, lady?”
Well, right now, today, I’m a cooking blog. I’m going to share with you a recipe I invented. It’s freaking awesome and you should make it. I make it all the time. I don’t know what it’s called. If you can think of a name for it, you win a prize.
– whole wheat pasta – any shape – does it MATTER?
– a jar of alfredo sauce – the garlic kind is good
– a package of boneless chicken thighs or breasts, whatever’s cheap
– two zucchinis
– half a large spanish onion
– 2/3 of a package sliced mushrooms
– a couple of handfuls of baby spinach
– olive oil
– garlic salt
– italian seasoning
– parmesan cheese
– one year old smoked cheddar cheese – you CAN use other cheese, but don’t, okay? you can get it at Freshco, and it’s awesome.
Cook the pasta up. Drain it and toss it in the alfredo sauce. Line the bottom of your lasagne pan with it.
Cook the chicken in the oven. Slice it up and layer it over the pasta.
Cut up your veg. Slice it thin. Toss with olive oil, garlic salt, italian seasoning and parmesan. Layer that over the chicken.
Grate cheese on top.
Cook at 375, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
This is seriously VERY good. No, I haven’t put measurements. I don’t measure, I just toss stuff in. That’s how I roll. Maybe you like stuff different from me. How do I know? I’m not the boss of your cheese, sister.
Also, you can portion it out and freeze it, and then you don’t have to cook for a week, which is also awesome.