1. Don`t mistake negativity for maturity. Being cynical and jaded is not cool. If you want to be happy, be happy.
2. You`re not nearly as interesting to other people as you think you are. Get over yourself. It really doesn`t matter what anyone else thinks, and most people aren`t thinking about you at all, surprisingly enough.
3. If someone is doing something `just to get attention`, then they probably need some attention. Try giving them some, and see if it helps.
4. It takes a long time to develop emotional maturity. It`s really the last thing that comes. Some people never get it.
5. It`s really, really hard to be completely honest with yourself, and quite easy to justify anything.
6. Listen to that little voice in your head. It`s usually right, unless it`s just talking smack.
7. There is no such thing as a coincidence. That`s the universe trying to tell you something, so listen up.
8. You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. Which is great, if you like flies. However, yeah – be nice. It works, it helps, and it makes other people be nicer to you.
9. Be nice to yourself, too. If you wouldn`t tolerate what you`re saying to yourself if it came from another person, don`t tolerate it from yourself. Friends don`t let friends be mean to themselves.
10. Not everyone thinks as you do. They don`t have to. But you have to respect their views. You can reject them outright as unsuitable for you, but you have to respect them.
11. You`re better off alone than with someone who makes you unhappy.
12. Learn to enjoy being alone, and spending quality time with yourself.